Friday 16 April 2010

The skinning frame

Now I have got all materials the building really starts.
First the stations are drawn and sawed.Then the correct locations on the strongback get a block of pine.

The stations are screwed onto these blocks using small square pieces of wood. A piece of string and a buble level are used to align al stations correctly. I planned on using a laser, but the string was simpler.


Stringers (18x27 mm) are connected to obtain sufficient length. Gettings proper wood is difficult. The first wood I looked at was not nearly straight. The stringers I used now are straight, but two snapped wen bending the stringers.

Is stead of using HDPE snaps for the bottom tube I just changed the stations a little bit. I hope this will work OK.
Also I made the stations in such a way that the stringers fit in at the edges, this makes positioning of the stringers much easier, especially when working alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment