Tuesday 11 May 2010

The clamps for the frame and the frame tubes

They have been made earlier, but not documented yet: the HDPE clamps for the cross braces.
When my wife went to the Hanos to get food for her cooking business I asked her to pick up a HDPE cutting board. Nice colour, isn't it?
The stuff is really easy to work on. Use a reciprocal saw to cut it, and drilling really is easy.
I could not get a 19 mm drill, and I did not want to spend big money. So I made the crossbraces out of 22 mm sleeve tubing. 22 mm speed drills (those flat drills for wood) are easy to obtain, and work well. The final deburing is done manually with a sharp knive, and the result is:


I also made the side tubes for the frame, a quick and easy job.
These are the times that I really love to have a lathe and a milling machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment